Pemanent Land Endowment Trust Fund
The Permanent Endowment Trust Fund was established in the Arizona Constitution under Article 10, Section 7. The Arizona Constitution requires the Treasurer to deposit and track the proceeds of land sales in the endowment fund according to the grant under which the land was conveyed to the State.
Privately held land, shaded white in color, comprises only 14% of Arizona land. State Trust Lands colored in light blue were given to the state by the Federal Government at statehood in the Enabling Act as an endowment. There are thirteen different beneficiaries, each with their own trust land and separate trust fund.
|101 – A&M Colleges||107 – Normal School ASU/NAU||112 – State Charitable|
|102 – State Hospital||108 – Penitentiaries||113 – University Fund|
|103 – Leg., Exec., & Jud.||109 – Permanent Common School||114 – UofA Land – 1881|
|104 – Military Institute||110 – School for Deaf & Blind|
|105 – Miners Hospital||111 – School of Mines|