HON. DOUG DUCEY
ARIZONA STATE TREASURER
Doug Ducey was elected to his first term as Arizona State Treasurer on November 2, 2010. He took office January 3, 2011 as Arizona’s 32nd State Treasurer.
As Arizona’s Chief Banker and Investment Officer, Treasurer Ducey oversees more than $12 billion in state assets and serves as an investment manager for local governments. Treasurer Ducey also serves as the Chairman of Arizona’s State Board of Investment, and State Loan Commission. He also serves as the State’s Surveyor General and is a member of the State Land Selection Board.
Doug Ducey was born and raised in Toledo, Ohio, but Arizona is Doug’s home. It’s where he met his college sweetheart – now wife of 23 years – Angela, and where he has raised his three sons Jack (17), Joe (14), and Sam (10). It is also where Doug built and developed two businesses that created jobs for Arizonans across the state.
Doug came to Arizona in 1982 to attend Arizona State University where he graduated with his Bachelor of Science in Finance in 1986. He worked his way through college at Hensley & Co., the local Anheuser-Busch distributorship. Upon graduation, he joined Procter & Gamble and began a career in sales and marketing. There he was trained in management, preparing him for his role as partner and CEO of Cold Stone Creamery. When he and his business partner sold the company in 2007, Cold Stone had grown from a local scoop shop to more than 1,400 locations in all 50 states and 10 countries.
Honors include the 2002 Spirit of Enterprise Award on behalf of Cold Stone Creamery by the Center for the Advancement of Small Business at the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University, and induction into the W. P. Carey School of Business Hall of Fame in 2004. In 2006 he was awarded the MUFSO Golden Chain Award – the nation’s highest honor for restaurateurs’. Also in 2006 he was named an Entrepreneurial Fellow for the Eller College of Management at the University of Arizona. In 2007 Doug was honored with the AFP Spirit of Philanthropy Award and in 2009 he was named Father of the Year by the Father’s Day Council benefiting the American Diabetes Association. Most recently, in 2012 Doug was given the Tom and Madena Stewart Lifetime Compassion Award by Make-A-Wish Arizona for creating the World’s Largest Ice Cream Social while serving as CEO of Cold Stone Creamery.
- Council of State Governments – Henry Toll Fellow
- National Association of State Treasurers – Western Region Vice President
- Western State Treasurers’ Association – President
- Arizona State University Foundation – Trustee
- University of Arizona, Eller School of Management – Entrepreneurial Fellow
- Banner Health Foundation – Board Member
- The Phoenix Thunderbirds – Member
- The United Way Alexis de Tocqueville Society – Member
- St. John’s Jesuit High School Council (Toledo, OH) – Board Member
- Catholic Community Foundation – Board Member
- Greater Phoenix Leadership (GPL)*
- Teach for America – Regional Board Member
- Arizona State Charter School Board – Board Member
- CEO Forum – Member
- Economic Club – President
- Phoenix Zoo – Board Member
- Thunderbird Charities – Board Member
- Young Entrepreneurs’ Organization (YEO) – President
- 2008 Arizona Super Bowl – Host Committee Member
- Enterprise Network – Member
- Sojourner Center Capital Campaign – Co-Chair
- Catholic Community Foundation – Scholarship Board Member
- Pat Tillman Foundation – Advisory Board Member
- Young Presidents Organization (YPO) – Board Member
*resigned due to candidacy